Il Peraccio has been a part of the Masiero family since 1943. Today, the estate is managed by the father/son team of Francesco and Folco Masiero.
In 1943 Cammillo, the grandfather of Francesco and his sister Chiara founded the first restaurant in De’ Bardi. It was destroyed in the second World War only to be reopened by Cammillo in its current location in Borgo San Jacopo. The restaurant would later be managed by Cammillo’s son-in-law, Bruno Masiero until he retired in 1980, passing the management of the estate to his son and daughter, Francesco and Chiara.
After finishing his agricultural studies, Francesco returned to the family farm in 2003 and Chiara maintained sole management of the restaurant. Francesco would focus all his efforts on farm, converting it to organic farming and tending to the olive groves and vineyards. Most of what was farmed was used at the restaurant and sold locally. In 2016, Francesco’s son, Folco, joined the team with a new degree in Agronomy. Under his new management, the estate has experienced a sort of renaissance with a new reception center, modern winemaking equipment and the introduction of terracotta pots (amphora) in the aging cellar. Folco’s passion for his family’s land and focus on traditional winemaking techniques help set apart Il Peraccio from its Tuscan counterparts.
(Click on Wine for Tech Sheet)